It’s really hard not to fall in love with Croatia at first sight, even more so if you spend more time along the stretching coastline exploring her seaside towns and islands. Read about our sailing trip about Croatia for more inspiration.
1. With clear, warm waters like this, it’s the ideal place to go snorkeling or for a wallow in the shallows.
2. The tranquil, watercolour sunsets are hard to beat.
3. It’s worth taking some time to indulge your senses in the spectacular surroundings.
4. The seaside towns and islands are fairytale quaint.
5. Cobbled alleyways lead to surprise encounters with the locals.
6. The streets resemble a child’s colouring in book.
7. Summer brings with it bouquets of flowers and colours too.
8. You step over a magical threshold as you enter people’s homes.
9. Taking walks on uninhabited islands (well, except for the lighthouse keeper) is encouraged.
10. There are 1 185 islands and islets to explore by boat.
11. The architecture outdates that of the Roman Empire in some instances, like Pula’s amphitheatre.
12. Croatia’s history weaves it’s way through cobbled streets with doors begging to be knocked on.
If you enjoyed this post, read about my sailing trip around Croatia during which I took these photographs.